On Friday, April 3rd, 2020 our Supreme Court announced that all North Carolina criminal/traffic cases will be postponed until no earlier than June 1st, 2020. At Dummit Fradin we take pride in our quick and proactive response for our clients so we wanted to get this news to you swiftly. We will continue to update you, but here is a link where you can find court updates: NC Courts – Updates on coronavirus COVID-19
In addition, Governor Cooper has issued a Stay at Home Order to go into effect on Monday, March 30th at 5 pm. In this order, legal services are considered an essential business and as such we will continue to offer legal consultations via phone and video conferencing. We are also still offering in-person consultations with added safety measures in place.
Video and Phone Consultations
Each of our offices is taking precautionary measures to protect the health of our clients and staff. As a result, we are providing different options for discussing your legal matter with our team.
1. In-person consultations
For in-person consultations at our office, we ask that you wear a mask. If you do not have one, we will provide one for you. Please also be mindful of social distancing. These safety measures help protect you and our staff and we appreciate your cooperation.
2. Phone consultations
If you do not feel comfortable attending an in-person consultation, we are offering phone consultations as an alternative. We assure you that you will receive the same level of care and attention to your matter. We’ll simply give you a call at the time of your scheduled appointment.
3. Video consultations
In addition to phone consultations, we are also offering video consultations via Zoom. Video consultations are a great way to get the benefit of an in-person consultation from the safety of your home. When you schedule your consultation, our staff will let you know what steps to follow to connect with the attorney via video chat.
There will be a backlog of cases waiting to get heard once the courts open back up. We would like to put your legal matter as early in the process as possible. Now is the time to secure legal services. So, if you have questions about a legal matter, contact us today.
What We are Doing to Provide a Safe Environment
We know how much you depend on us to get you through your day in court safely so here is what Dummit Fradin is doing to keep delivering the dependable representation our clients expect.
Our office response plan to COVID-19 starts with the steps below and will progress to more serious measures if this situation escalates, such as modifying office schedules, video conferencing, and possibly getting your appearance waived when the court policy further adapts.
For now, we will continue with normal operations in each of our three offices and ask that you help us keep our offices a safe place to do business. Please consider using phones and email rather than in-person appointments even if you do not have any signs of illness. We will accommodate your requests as much as possible during this period.
We have a detailed plan below to ensure we can continue providing critical legal services and keep you safe:
- Our generous paid-time-off policies and guidance for associates ensure that they stay home if they are sick, at risk due to travel, or have been exposed to illness.
- Our in-house IT department is modifying our internet-capable phone system (which currently allows interoffice communication from city to city) to allow our team to use the system from home so we can continue to serve our clients remotely through our existing internet phone network.
- Our secured cloud computing is being expanded via the use of restricted IP addresses so we can have members of our team work from home and still provide completely accurate information to our clients.
Health and Safety Measures
- Our offices are prepared with the supplies they need, including hand sanitizer and disinfectants.
- We have implemented additional daily cleaning augmented with disinfectant for high-touch surfaces twice daily.
- Upon entering our office, we ask that you please take a moment to disinfect your hands at our sanitation area.
- We also ask that you wear a mask if you will be visiting our office.
Information & Resources
- Our in-house IT department is monitoring all courthouse closings and any additional developing policies that could affect our clients. We will update our website, and also send informational emails proactively about changes in court policy, and get you new dates as soon as they are available.
- We have collected resources here for you to find accurate, reliable and updated information.
World Health Organization
North Carolina Community Resources
- NC Updates on COVID-19
- COVID-19 Internet Service Offerings
- Unemployment Insurance Changes Due to COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
- Meals for Kids in North Carolina During COVID-19 School Closures
- NC Remote Learning Resources (Birth – Grade 2)
During this time, we will do everything we can to offer you the service you have learned to expect from Dummit Fradin while protecting you and our team from the spread of the virus.
How to Get in Touch
If you have your paralegal’s or attorney’s email, please contact them directly. If they are not available, here is an email address that will be monitored closely, and we can get you directed to the right team member swiftly:
In addition, you may reach out to each of our individual office locations at the phone numbers below:
Winston-Salem: (336) 777-8081
Greensboro: (336) 482-3848
High Point: (336) 777-1770
We are here to get you through our court system safely.