North Carolina Immigration Attorney Devon Senges describes the steps necessary for US citizens to sponsor their parents for a green card. First, they need to submit an I-130, which is a form that confirms you are related to the person you are sponsoring. Once your family-based petition is approved, you need to figure out if your parent needs a waiver. If they have any criminal or immigration violations, they may need one of these. Finally, you must submit the completed application to the appropriate office, which may or may not be in your parent’s home country. As you can see, applying for a family-based green card is complicated, but our experienced North Carolina Immigration Attorneys can help! Give us a call today!