Immigration Lawyers in Greensboro, NC

At Dummit Fradin, we have an experienced team of legal professionals who are dedicated to Greensboro immigration cases. They will walk you through the entire process, from obtaining a temporary visa, defending against deportation or applying for U.S. Citizenship. No matter what the issue is, our immigration lawyers in Greensboro will work to obtain the best possible result in your case.


Monday – Friday8:00am – 5:30pm

Contact Us

Conveniently across the street from the Guilford County Courthouse in Greensboro, NC.

Speak With an Attorney Today

Immigration Lawyers in Greensboro at Your Defense

Our Greensboro immigration team is committed to helping you navigate the complex Greensboro immigration system. We will assist you in avoiding the pitfalls and obstacles that are standing between you and your goal. Our immigration lawyers in Greensboro are experienced, ethical and caring. Call us today and let us fight for you.

I-601 Waiver of Inadmissibility

If any of the following apply, then you would need to seek out an I-601 Waiver of the Grounds of Inadmissibility.

  • you are ineligible to be admitted to the U.S. as an immigrant, or
  • you are not eligible for an adjustment of status while inside the country, or
  • you are a non-immigrant applicant who is inadmissible for any reason.

People who are deemed inadmissible can apply for an I-601 Waiver which is then submitted to a consular office, the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, or to an immigration court.

A person may be deemed inadmissible to the United States for several different reasons. Below are a few items that can be grounds for denying persons entry to this country:

  • Health-related reasons, such as a communicable disease like tuberculosis, gonorrhea, syphilis, and other diseases, or for those who have other physical or mental disorders.

  • Criminally-related issues, such as individuals convicted of drug crimes, violent crimes, prostitution, and commercialized vice.

  • National security risks, such as terrorists, spies, or any other person who would pose a risk to the safety of this country.

  • Illegal immigrants and those who have violated immigration law, such as those who have committed fraud to gain illegal entry and those who have been previously deported.

  • False Claims of U.S. Citizenship.

  • Miscellaneous grounds, which include such categories as practicing polygamists and others.

If someone has made false claims of U.S. citizenship, they are permanently inadmissible and cannot apply for an I-601 Waiver.

Contact an Immigration Lawyer

Deportation Defense

Deportation is when the U.S. Government orders a non-citizen to be removed from the country. Deportation is also known as simple removal. Once a person is deported they can lose their rights to ever enter the U.S. again. Usually, a deportation order is in response to violating immigration laws, such as entering the country illegally or a conviction of criminal activity.

Deportation is a legal process, so a person with a deportation order in Greensboro would have certain rights under the law. These rights normally must be exercised before being removed from the United States. The most important of those rights is the right to challenge the Deportation order, but once again, the challenge must happen before being removed from the country.

Any non-citizens who have violated the Immigration and Nationality Act can be deported, violations can include but are not limited to:

  • Violating a term or condition of non-immigrant status.

  • Illegally entering the country, or being an inadmissible alien at the time of entry.

  • Helping others to illegally enter the U.S.

  • Falsifying immigration documents.

  • Failing to register with the proper authorities.

  • Engaging in marriage fraud in order to gain admittance.

If you or a family member is facing a deportation order in North Carolina. Contact us as soon as possible. Our immigration lawyers in Greensboro will meet with you and discuss your options.

Contact an Immigration Attorney

Form i-130: Petition for Alien Relative

If you are a U.S citizen or a lawful permanent resident (green card) living in Greensboro, NC, then you can sponsor a family member for lawful permanent residency (green card). A sponsor must be able to prove that they have enough income or assets to support the relative that is being sponsored. Family-based immigration can be a long and complex process. There are several specific steps that must be completed by both the sponsor and the immigrant before they can come to this country.

The immigration system will allow a U.S. Citizen to file an immigration petition for his or her:

  • Parent

  • Sibling

  • Married Adult Child

  • Spouse

  • Fiance

  • Unmarried adult or minor child.

The immigration system also allows lawful permanent residents / green card holders to petition for:

  • Spouse.

  • Unmarried adult child.

  • Minor child.

To start the family petition process on the right foot, rely on the help of our immigration lawyers in Greensboro. Contact us today to schedule a consultation.

Contact an Immigration Lawyer

U.S. Citizenship

The path to becoming a U.S. citizen is known as naturalization, and the process is quite complex and can take a very long time. In most cases, a green card holder (lawful permanent resident), who has had a green card for 5 years, may apply to become a U.S. citizen. To have the best chance of success you should contact the experienced Greensboro immigration legal team at Dummit Fradin, prior to applying for naturalization. This will ensure that you fully understand the procedures and that the application process goes smoothly, and hopefully is successfully granted.

Naturalization Requirements:

  • Be 18 or older

  • Have been a green card holder (LPR or Lawful Permanent Resident) for at least 5 years immediately preceding their application for naturalization

  • Have continuous residence in the United States as an LPR for at least 5 years immediately prior to application.

  • Have been physically present in the U.S. for 30 months within the 5-year period prior to applying.

  • Reside continuously in the U.S. from the date of application to the date of naturalization

  • Be able to read, write, and speak English and have knowledge and understanding of U.S. history and government

  • Have lived within the state for at least 3 months prior to application

  • Be a person of good moral character dedicated to the furtherance of the Constitution and the United States

Contact an Immigration Lawyer

Obtain the Legal Help You Need

Fill out the form below, or call (877) 978-3218 to request a consultation.

Family Lawyers in Greensboro NC Dummit Fradin

Visit Our Greensboro Office Today

We look forward to meeting and working with you to get through this matter as efficiently and effectively as possible. Stop by our Greensboro location today. We currently service Guilford County, Rockingham County, and Alamance County.