High Point Immigration Attorneys

At Dummit Fradin, we have a team of legal professionals to handle your immigration issues. Our team is experienced, compassionate and honest. We will fight for you and get the best result possible. If you need a temporary visa, permanent residency or citizenship, we are the team you need on your side for High Point immigration issues.

Learn More


Monday – Friday8:00am – 5:30pm

Contact Us

Serving Guilford, and the surrounding Counties

Speak With an Attorney Today

Welcome to Dummit Fradin | High Point Immigration Attorneys

The Dummit Fradin High Point immigration team is experienced, dedicated and compassionate. We will work with you to avoid the obstacles and pitfalls that are common with High Point immigration cases, and we will fight to help you achieve your goal. Call us today and let us fight for you!

High Point Immigration : Family Immigration

A family member may sponsor another close family member for a lawful permanent residence (a green card). The sponsoring family member must be a U.S. citizen or a green card holder. They must be able to show assets or income to support the sponsored relative as well. Family based immigration can be lengthy and complex, with obstacles and pitfalls that can derail the process. The High Point immigration team at Dummit Fradin is experienced, ethical and honest. We will help you avoid mistakes and achieve your immigration goals.

The immigration system will allow a U.S. Citizen to file an immigration petition for his or her:

  • Parent

  • Sibling

  • Married Adult Child

  • Spouse

  • Fiance

  • Unmarried adult or minor child

The immigration system also allows lawful permanent residents (green card holders) to petition for his or her:

  • Spouse

  • Unmarried adult child

  • Minor child

Learn More

High Point Immigration : Deportation Defense

Deportation is simply the term for when the U.S. Government orders a non-citizen removed from the country. It is also called “simple removal”. A deportation order could be the result of several factors. It could be the consequence of violating immigration laws, such as entering the country illegally or from criminal convictions. Once deported, a person can lose their rights to ever enter the U.S. again; however, because deportation is a legal process, deportee’s have certain rights under the law. Those rights normally have to be exercised prior to being removed from the country. Once you leave, you have very few options. One of the most important rights that can be lost is the right to challenge the deportation in court.

Any immigrants who have violated the Immigration and Nationality Act can be deported. Violations can include but are not limited to:

  • Violating a term or condition of non-immigrant status.

  • Illegally entering the country, or being an inadmissible alien at the time of entry.

  • Helping others to illegally enter the U.S.

  • Falsifying immigration documents.

  • Failing to register with the proper authorities.

  • Engaging in marriage fraud in order to gain admittance.

Learn More

High Point Immigration : Waivers of Inadmissibility

If you are not eligible for admittance to the United States as an immigrant, for an adjustment of status while inside the country, or if you are a non-immigrant applicant who is inadmissible to the United States for any reason, then you need to file for a “Waiver of the Grounds of Inadmissibility.”

People can be deemed inadmissible to the United States for many different causes. Below are some of the grounds for denying persons entry to this country:

  • Health-related reasons, such as a communicable diseases like tuberculosis, gonorrhea, syphilis, and other diseases, or those who have other physical or mental disorders.

  • Criminally-related issues, such as individuals convicted of drug crimes, violent crimes, prostitution, and commercialized vice.

  • National security risks, such as terrorists, spies, or any other person who would pose a risk to the safety of this country.

  • Illegal immigrants and those who have violated immigration law, such as those who have committed fraud to gain illegal entry and those who have been previously deported.

  • False Claims of U.S. citizenship.

  • Miscellaneous grounds, which include such categories as practicing polygamists and others.

Learn More

The “Waiver of Grounds of Inadmissibility” is a tool that people who are non-admissible to the U.S. can apply for. The application is then submitted to a consular office, the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, or to a High Point immigration court. There are many forms and procedures that can apply depending on the specific facts of the case. Please note that if someone has made false claims of U.S. citizenship, then they are permanently banned and cannot apply for a waiver.

If you need to apply for a waiver, get the experienced legal guidance you need from the High Point immigration team at the Dummit Fradin.

High Point Immigration : U.S. Citizenship

The process of naturalization is the system that is used to make a person a U.S. citizen. In the majority of cases, a lawful permanent resident who has had a green card for 5 years may apply to become a U.S. citizen. You should always consult an experienced immigration attorney before applying for naturalization, to ensure that you fully understand the procedures, to avoid any obstacles and to be sure that the application process goes smoothly and gets successfully granted.

  • Be 18 years of age or older.

  • Have been physically present in the U.S. for 30 months within the 5-year period prior to applying.

  • Have continuous residence in the United States as an Lawful Permanent Resident (LPR) for at least 5 years immediately prior to application.

  • Reside continuously in the U.S. from the date of application to the date of naturalization.

  • Have been a green card holder (LPR) for at least 5 years immediately preceding their application for naturalization.

  • Be able to read, write, and speak English and have knowledge and understanding of U.S. history and government.

  • Have lived within the state for at least 3 months prior to application.

  • Be a person of good moral character dedicated to the furtherance of the Constitution and the United States.

Learn More

Obtain the Legal Help You Need

Fill out the form below, or call (877) 978-3218 to request a consultation.

Visit One of

Our Office Locations

Your needs are our top priority. No matter what the case entails, we look forward to meeting and working with you to get through this matter as efficiently and effectively as possible. Stop by one of our locations today in Winston-Salem, Greensboro, or High Point, NC. We currently service the following counties: Forsyth County, Guilford County, Surry County, Stokes County, Yadkin County, Davie County, Davidson County, Rockingham County, Randolph County, and Alamance County.

Front of the Winston-Salem office
Lawyers in High Point NC Dummit Fradin Attorneys at Law

1133 West First Street
Winston-Salem, NC 27101
(336) 485-4907
View Map

820 North Elm Street
High Point, NC 27262
(336) 814-8118
View Map

412 West Market Street
Greensboro, NC 27401
(336) 792-2522
View Map